TITLE: ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSING IN ARKANSAS
This ASBN 2 Contact Hour CE course provides Arkansas APRNs with current information regarding the statutes passed in the Arkansas General Assembly. Rules and regulations applicable to the APRN are discussed to facilitate managing scope of practice.
Upon completion of the course the learner will:
- identify changes to APRN practice/prescribing as a result of the new statues (laws) from 2015.
- modify APRN practice to incorporate new statutes.
- identify process for prescribing Hydrocodone combination products.
- identify changes with collaborative practice physician.
- review process for establishing and utilizing Prescription Drug Monitoring program.
- review process for delegating access to Prescription Drug Monitoring Program in a clinical setting.
- summarize new changes in rules for APRN practice.
Approved by ASBN for 2.0 contact hours. This course module meets 2 hours of pharmocotherapeutics as required for APRNs with prescriptive authority. Completion of the examination must occur to receive contact hours.
A certificate of completion will be available for download after successful completion of the examination.
Arkansas Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
This mandatory course is located on the Table Mesa platform. Register for a FREE Table Mesa account, or access an existing account in order to access the course and test.
As you set up your Table Mesa account, please keep the following items in mind:
- You will need to enter Advanced Practice Registered Nurse as your profession
- Enter Arkansas State Board of Nursing in the Search for courses or providers field
- Enter your APRN license number. You will also need to know your original license issue date and expiration date. You may locate the information at www.nursys.com
Review the course material via clicking on the Table Mesa link. Following completion of the course, complete the examination, with a mandatory score of 70 percent or better.
Direct link to Table Mesa: https://www.mytablemesa.com/account/registermain